Friday, May 24, 2013

Goodbye

No. Stop crying. I'm not discontinuing my blog. I love this slice of the internet where I diligently post erratic and discontinuous musings about life in general. I really have tried to be more regular but enyewe... I have a really bad memory. Also sometimes when I think of something to post its just one line in upper case letters so I just tweet those thoughts. Anyway why am I saying goodbye or what/ to who(or is it whom?I'm never sure) am I bidding farewell? No it is not school, even though I'm on holiday (yaaaay!) . To answer this question I have to explain what happened...

Look at me making this seem so interesting and dramatic. You're going to be so disappointed :D

I'm a member of my university's swim team. Kind of. I joined 2 years ago and randomly attend practice and participate in galas. Yesterday I agreed to compete in a gala tomorrow and the last time I trained was more than 6 months ago. This is stupidity of epic proportions. When did I realize this? When I got winded just from walking to the bus stop.
People don't realize how much stamina you need as a swimmer, there's a lot of breath control and blablabla so if you get short of breath after walking for a few minutes its a sign that you need to not be participating in swimming competitions.
So I'm saying goodbye in case it happens that as I dive into the pool to do my 50m breast stroke(not what it sounds like. Hehe! Kind of sounds like I'm going to be groped for 50 metres) and my unfit body just sinks to the bottom of the pool then I decide to stay there out of sheer embarrassment.
My only motivation is that girls generally quit swimming after high school so there won't be much competition... I may not be alone at the bottom of the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment