Monday, June 17, 2013

I honestly can't think of a title for this one

I come here today with the sage musings of a woman in her early 20's. I may not have lived long and you may think that I can't be taken seriously (well...that's mostly my fault) but my experiences so far have led me to believe that I'm mostly right about a lot of things. I realize that may sound a bit obnoxious, but yeah. It's true. I was hanging out with some ex-classmates and I thought about how easy it still was to talk to them about the personal things going on in my life. We may not have seen each other in months but whenever we meet we spill everything. Friends are like...er...something that can be classified(sorry, couldn't find anything good to allude to). There are so many kinds but these are the ones I've identified in my many years as a human...that makes it sound like I used to be something else but lets go with it;

1. Party pals
We all know these ones. We call them when we want to go out. They're fun, usually loud and are almost always ready to go wherever, whenever at whatever time. You're not that close, but you know basic stuff about each other and check up on each other once in a while.

2.The ones who are always there
These are usually friends of circumstance. You may not like most of the same things but you see each other so often that you start to find similarities. These friends can graduate to become more serious friends but most of the time when you stop seeing each other so often the friendship dies.

3.The ex friend
No, not the person you used to date then became friends with (I think that's nearly impossible though...most relationships end in fire,brimstone and crying), that friend you used to be close to then something happened. Either you grew apart or someone did something or thought someone did something...anyway it got complicated and now your conversations are either one sided or shallow.

3.The 'haha!' friend
You always have so much fun with these friends. You don't share most of your problems with them but you miss them when they aren't there because they are really good people. You may share multiple interests and these friends can graduate to well rounded friends.

4.The well rounded friend
I'm happy to have many of these. These are the awesome ones. The ones you can talk to even after being away from for a while because you were still in touch. You can party with them and they're always there...not necessarily in the physical sense. These are the ones who know really embarrassing things about you and have seen you pull absolutely ridiculous stunts while sober.

There are friends who are in between stages but I think I've got most of them covered. Another thing I've realized as a 20something year old woman is that only a woman can think up this stuff. Men don't care :D


2 comments: